- The candidates for scholarship must be matriculated (or accepted for matriculation) at a recognized university in the United States or its territorial possessions and pursuing a course of study leading to a graduate degree in one of the marine sciences.
- Only candidates approved as proper recipients for scholarship aid by the faculty of the university he or she attends, or is about to attend, shall be considered.
- The personal qualifications which shall be considered shall include, but not be limited to, the character of the candidate, his or her previous academic accomplishments and ability, as well as evidence of general aptitude and ability in area of study.
- The Trustees will also consider the candidate’s relative financial need for the award when compared with that of other candidates.
- No preference will be granted to any candidate by reason of any relationship which that candidate may have to a member of the IWFA.
- Scholarship application packets may be obtained by downloading the packet on the button above.